Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome to our New Adventure!

January 6, 2014

I'm so excited to be starting this blog. Since I am publishing a blog again (remember my last one about our Jamaica adventure) it means we are preparing for another adventure. This time we are planning to fix up our old RV and hit the road.

Although we are not planning to begin this adventure until May, I want to bring you with me on this journey from the very beginning.  In addition, by me putting this out there I am being held accountable ;-)

So to begin, let me answer a few questions:

Who:
Me (Christina), my three children, and our cat.

What:
Traveling across the United States seeing what we can see how we can see it in our old Class C RV.

When:
We leave this May

Where:
We don't know all of our destinations just yet, but we plan to start this journey with a visit to our friends near Boston.

In What:
I bought an old 1990 Chevy Honey C Class RV for a very reasonable price.  When I bought it it ran great and we have had no problems with it (albeit we have only camped in it once so far).  I am starting the process of redoing the inside to make it more suitable for us and hiring mechanics to get everything else in order for us.

Why:
This is a tough one to answer.  This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while but after a recent divorce I was motivated to take action (instead of just talk about it) and pursue this goal. I think I've finally gotten over my fear to drive this big ole bus and I'm excited (and so are the kids) to hit the road. This is truly for me but I know the experience is gonna enrich the kids lives in ways I've yet to even imagine.

Our soon to be Home on the Road
This photo is from our first camping experience in Honey (Summer 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment