Saturday, February 1, 2014

I rocked the mic... well actually the camera... but I still rocked it!

February 1

I have to admit that I am very proud of myself right now.  My back up camera arrived in the mail and today I conquered the installation.  Since the kids are gone this weekend I decided that I could at least take a look at the camera.

I opened the box and immediately begin trying to figure out how I could get someone to install it for a reasonable price.  I decided to check the blog world to see if someone with as little wiring/electrical experience as me had successfully completed such as task and to see if they happened to write detailed instructions on how to do it.

No such luck, but I did come across a youtube video of someone installing the monitor that I have. They made it look fairly doable so I decided to give it a try. After connected the red wire to the 10amp fuse and the black wire to the bolt I had a working monitor.  Since that was so easy I decided I would be defeated by the camera.

4 hours, many many many youtube and internet searches, and some creative wiring later I had a working camera. The only problem is that the cord that connects the camera and the monitor doesn't span the length of the rv, but that is an easy fix with a trip to Bestbuy.

So now I am patting myself on the back at a job well done. This project left me feeling confident and independent and ready to take on any challenge that comes my way.

So my interior remodel is mostly complete and now I have my back up camera. The only things left to finish are a couple of small projects and installing a new radio (unless I can come up with a creative solution).

Just several more months before our journey begins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment