Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Day After Tomorrow

The day after tomorrow it all begins. The RV is home from the shop and in great shape. The radio has been installed. I was able to put the carrier on the back tow hitch so I can take the kid's bikes. And most importantly the RV is full packed and ready to go.

It took me 3 days to clean and pack that thing but I managed to get all of the stuff that we need to survive on it (OK, I'm sure we could probably survive with a third of what I packed). I'll spend the rest of today piddling around it making sure all is well. Tomorrow I will fill the fresh water tank and pack our perishable food.

I'm mixed with feelings of terror and supreme excitement. As we get closer the excitement increases and the terror diminishes.  This is going to be an amazing trip and one that my kids may always remember.  That is my motivation, like Jamaica, this trip is for them. To create memories, to instill a sense of adventure and exploration in them, and to teach them about the diverse and wonderful world we live in.

My next post will be from the road and I will start adding pictures so stay tuned :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment